Sunday, July 01, 2007

new! on the needles



Happy Summer! Here's a new yarn that I found at Lettuce Knit in Toronto.
The yarn is from "Fleece Artist" in Nova Scotia called Sea Wool (70% merino, 30% Seacell) in 350m for C$25 skein. The yarn has a gorgeous silky hand, beautifully hand-dyed, machine washable.
For this stole I'm using 3 skeins worked in an easy 4-row wavey pattern for a pretty lace effect without having to follow a complicated lace pattern. (I tried to get away with 2 skeins but stole is definitely too short!)
Knittingbag will carry this yarn so email if you are interested after checking out their web site for color choices. This stole is worked in "Fruit Punch", a pretty watermelon pink with a hint of fern green.
Email: mcleary@knittingbag.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is just gorgeous! I never haave enough knitting time in the winter (teacher) so try to satisfy the urge by reading your blog. It always works!

Marcia Cleary said...

You are so kind! And I'm thrilled that someone is actually reading my blog! I'm going to add more soon to show works in projects to keep everyone inspired! Thank you!
Marcia (the designer)