Time to relax and dream, read books, swim and sun, and of course, knit.
June 9 I attended the TNNA needleworks trade show in Indianapolis where the industry meets to show off its new yarns and products for Fall/Winter 2006. The convention center was filled with familiar names: Classic Elite, JCA/Reynolds, Karabella, Knitting Fever, Louet, Muench, Rowan & Jaeger, Tahki, Trendsetter; growing companies: Alchemy Yarns, Artyarns, Blue Heron, Blue Sky Alpacas, Habu Textiles, Interlacements, Jade Sapphire, Mission Falls, Mountain Colors, Ozark Handspun, Suss Design, Tilli Tomas; and new exhibitors: BeSweet Products, Decadent Fibres and Great Adirondack. Popular product booths were Lantern Moon as their product line continues to grow with beautiful imported items from Vietnam and Namaste leather products for knitting bags and supplies.
The Friday evening Fashion Show was exciting this year compared to years past. Smaller yarn companies are becoming a strong force, as well as Interweave Press and VogueKnitting designers. The highlights were:
1) Black & White Car Coat knit in Duchess by Classic Elite Yarns for Vogueknitting Fall '06.
2) Duchess Cabled Coat from Classic Elite Yarns
3) A-line coat in white bulky alpaca for Blue Sky Alpaca
4) Zippered Coat designed by Suss Cousins
5) Bouton d'Or Navajo (Mance) Cardigan
6) Bolero by Helen Hamann's from her new book published by Interweave Press called Andean Inspired Knits
7) Karabella Yarns Lightweight Cashmere Shawl and Ring Capelet
8) Ozark Handspun Winter Serenades Spring designed by Sima Brason Ferraro
9) Lovers Lane design by Doris Chan for Knitscene magazine Fall '06.
In summary, be sure to buy the Vogueknitting Fall '06. We saw all the new designs and they are terrific. Knittingbag (Marcia Cleary) has a design in this issue. Also buy Knitscene Mag for Fall '06.
Here are my notes about the upcoming Fall season that I hope to have knitted up and available through Knittingbag:
- Classic Elite's Green Cabled Sweater Pattern in Duchess Yarns
- Classic Elite's Electric Blue "Posh" cardigan with ruffled edges
- Jo Sharp Silkroad Aran Tweed long tunic
- Lots of capelets
- Candace Eisner-Stricks new little cardigan with collar in her beautiful tonal yarns
- BeSweet scarves and capelets in Surprise Balls and Ribbon Balls
- Ozark Handspun lap blankets
- Swedish Yarn Euro pillow
- Farmhouse Yarns Lumpy Bumpy wool cabled shrug
- new Lantern Moon products
- Namaste leather knitting bags and needle binders
Have a good summer! Keep knitting and look for exciting new fall items soon. Marcia Cleary
artwork by Kristy Orr